The Account Manager generally provides assistance to the account manager in the day-to-day management of accounts and develops the skills necessary to advance to the position of account executive.
Reports to assigned account executive or account manager.
- Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed by account manager in development of briefs, etc.
- Provides administrative assistance to account executives, and account manager on day-to-day activities for assigned clients, including responding to client phone calls, faxes and emails, handling mail/packages, production and creative deadlines, media placements, etc., to ensure continued progress of client workflow in the absence of the assigned account executive.
- Stays aware of client activities to provide backup when account executives are unavailable.
- Provides input in planning stage as requested by account executives or production manager. Assists in mailings, word processing final copy, agendas, conference reports, proposals, correspondence and other materials related to account service (except billing, production quotes/purchase orders, media plans), and prepares the above for client presentations.
- Handles paperwork and maintains files on all client activities, their competitors and their industries; maintains client correspondence file, approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing and tracking of account service work, etc.
- Maintains “Client Notebooks” for all assigned accounts, detailing past work and work-in-progress, and all pertinent information needed for accurate proofreading and meeting of client standards.
- By account executive request, takes minutes at meetings, prepares and distributes contact reports (call reports), etc.
- Makes sure all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of account executives to potential problems before they occur.
If this sounds like you, let us know!
How? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.